Thursday, July 4, 2013

New Shkaf

Last night, I went out with my new hostel friends to the new Shkaf.  We had a fantastic time laughing about the difference between the UK, England and Britain; debating which state is better: California or Virginia; and drinking strange liquors.

Photos from New Shkaf

I had a Hiroshima shot, one that was offered at the old Shkaf.  Do you remember Japan Night at old Shkaf from My Trans-Siberian Journey?  It was hilarious to see a shot called Hiroshima... only in Ukraine.  Well, here it is!  It was absinthe, Baileys, vodka, and grenadine.  Random, right?


Hiroshima

They had a live band playing songs like Fever and other jazzy swing type songs.  Unfortunately, I didn't have anyone to dance with me.  I looked for a partner, but didn't see anyone who looked like they wanted to dance.
Live Band

Then, this shot happened.  The patron wore a helmet, then got repeatedly hit on the head with a shot that he was later prompted to drink.  I have only ever seen this before in Kiev, at the Doctor's Bar.  You might remember that bar from my old blog too.  Unfortunately, the videos got cut off at the end for some reason... which is too bad, because the video from the Doctor's Bar had fire and all kinds of craziness you would not even believe unless you saw it.  It was so upsetting to me that I had not had enough memory space on my camera that day.

Crazy shot



No comments:

Post a Comment