Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Here comes the sun!


Why do you always end up on the streets, Erika?

So, I made my way back to my old home in Odessa.  My friend, Dasha, helped me move and introduced me to her friend who works at this hostel.  It's funny, because she and I moved OUT of this hostel together, and now she is helping me move back IN nearly 3 years later.  I was greeted at the hostel door by the old owner, who looked at me, did a double take, and simply said, "You!  Are you sure you don't want to stay somewhere else?"  I groveled, said I wanted to be there and no where else. He welcomed me back to the family like the Prodigal Son.

My "Moving" Buddy

The church near my new home

So far it has been great.  I have new friends already, we are planning to go out to my old favorite bar, Shkaf, which has relocated.  Do you remember Shkaf from My Trans-Siberian Journey?  The best part, my new home has a cat!!  A real pet - with a flea collar and a Facebook page and everything!  We are already FB friends, and I have even gotten to brush her.

Old Shkaf

Remember Lenin?

I hope "new" Shkaf is as awesome as "old" Shkaf

Murlka Kisha
I even called my credit card company, and they seem sympathetic to my cause.  They set up a dispute for the charge at the old apartment, so with some luck I may get some money back for my stay there.  All in all, there seems to be sunshine on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment