Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Heat Wave!

It’s so hot here, y’all.  And I am saying this as someone who has survived a Texas summer.  I thought it was in the 90s, but I was told today it was 103 F.  That is hot!  We don’t have AC, ice or even an electric fan.  We eat hot soup for lunch and dinner, and drink hot coffee and tea.  This country is so strange.  We do have the ocean, but after today, I got heat rashes on my neck and arm so I think I am going to stay away from the beach for a few days if possible.  I can’t even open the balcony door because I have the light on in my room.  Last night, the kids helped me fight off the infestation of mosquitoes.  There are black spots all over the ceiling and walls.  There is this little patch of something that you burn that kills mosquitoes that we used last night, so I had downed, half dead mosquitoes all over my bed.  I bought some super powerful chemical mosquito spray so at least I have been able to make it out without too many more mosquito bites.  Never have I been so happy to take a cold shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment